Folding@Home with Vapoureyes.
Help accelerate the research of COVID-19!
Every little bit helps, and the more processing power we can contribute, the faster we can find a possible cure for COVID-19.
This is a call to action for all Vapoureyes customers around the world to join Folding@Home to help accelerate the research of COVID-19.
What is Folding@Home?
- F@H uses your PC's processing power to do complicated medical/maths stuff to help find cures for diseases.
- Rather than universities using expensive super-computers, it shares the workload over millions of PCs (just like yours) around the world!
- Folding@home (FAH or F@h) is a distributed computing project for simulating protein dynamics, including the process of protein folding and the movements of proteins implicated in a variety of diseases. It brings together citizen scientists who volunteer to run simulations of protein dynamics on their personal computers. Insights from this data are helping scientists to better understand biology, and providing new opportunities for developing therapeutics.
How are we contributing?
It's pretty simple. We've got a handful of PCs we can utilise, but for maximum impact, we are raising awareness of the program and created an Vapoureyes team to support Folding@Home. Our employees are contributing their own PC power to the cause and we are encouraging gamers to do the same if they can.
Download the Software & Join Our Team!
If your PC does not currently have Folding@Home, please visit https://foldingathome.org/start-folding/, download the installer, and run through the installation process.
Once installed, F@H will open up a new browser tab, where you can either "set up an identity" or "fold anonymously".
Either option is totally fine, but for internet-bragging-points it would be great if you could;
- create a username,
- add our team number - 256051
and together we can show all those other vape-shops who's boss! :)
Plus, you know, make a difference that will actually help humanity.
Feel free to rank those two results in your own order of importance.
A few notes and disclaimers:
- Folding@Home is a widely respected, legitimate project that has been operating for almost 20 years now.
- Vapoureyes has no affiliation with the Folding@Home service or software, and cannot provide technical support nor take liability from it's use.
- Closing your web-browser will not stop folding. Folding happens in a background process on your computer through the program FAHClient even when Web Control is closed.
- No, you do not share any personal information with F@H.
- No, F@H shouldn't slow down your computer. It normally works in the background, and basically only "runs" when it detects that your PC is idle. You can easily change this setting in the web interface, as shown below.
If you have any further questions regarding Folding@Home, please visit https://foldingathome.org/support/faq.
You can also reach Folding@Home for any questions at: